Find Your Breath: The Organic Breathing Exercise: Become Aware!
1. Lie down with pillows under your knees and rolled towel under your head or neck.
2. Place one hand on you lower abdomen and one on your upper chest making sure that both
3. Leave your mouth open letting air flow freely in and out through mouth and nose.
4. Let your breath settle into the most organic rhythm.
5. Take note of how your body moves when your breath is settled.
Connect Your Vocal Cords: Diaphragm Target Training
1. Lie down with pillows under your head and knees – placing one hand on your lower abdomen and one hand on your upper chest. Make sure that your chest and abdomen are completely relaxed.
2. Breathe through your open mouth – 10-20 breaths and notice that there is no tension in the chest or abdomen restricting your organic breathing pattern.
3. For 5 breaths, use your exhale to passively produce a “la la la” sound.
4. Do the exercise again, breathe for 10-20, and la la la for 5-10. Then, get out of bed and go to work!
Steven Flam is the developer of the groundbreaking teaching technique called BreathingRx For Singers which includes diaphragm target training. For more information or to debate the content of this article please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website at: www.breathingrx.com